MindFit Academic Enhancement provides semester-long tutoring and academic coaching to students with a documented learning disability, ADD/ADHD, or autism spectrum disorder who are registered with the Office of Accessibility Services. Our program supports students in maintaining their focus, accomplishing their educational goals, and making education accessible to those who learn differently while providing students with support in study skills, time management, goal-setting, problem solving, and self-monitoring skills, as well as content tutoring.
- All tutors are certified through the College Reading & Learning Association
- Tutors are trained to work specifically with students who may learn differently due to a disability
- Students work with the same tutor for the duration of an entire semester and sometimes longer
- All tutoring is one-on-one and includes content-based support in addition to coaching and mentoring in skills such as time management and study strategies
- Students have access to our learning center and can utilize computers and quiet study areas for tutoring and personal study time.
We offer four packages that include both academic tutoring and academic coaching. Students are able to prioritize which classes they want the most help with. For the standard package and above, students will receive academic help in all the classes they are taking. The limited package is best for students who just want help with 1 or 2 classes.
Limited: 1-2 hours per week $700/semester
Standard: 3-4 hours per week $1,300/semester
Expanded: 5-6 hours per week $1,600/semester
Total: 7-8 hours per week $1,900/semester
All options include one-on-one individualized tutoring and academic coaching with a CRLA certified tutor and use of MindFit Academic Enhancement facilities including tutoring space and computer labs.
Eligible West Virginia residents can receive funding for tutoring through the WV Division of Rehabilitation Services. Please contact your local office for more information. Out-of-state students, there may be a similar agency in your home state that provides funding for tutoring.
To be accepted into MindFit Tutoring, students must:
- Be accepted and enrolled at West Virginia University.
- Complete an application with the Office of Accessibility Services and provide appropriate documentation of their disability to qualify for reasonable accommodations.
- Once deemed eligible by the Office of Accessibility Services, students then apply to MindFit Academic Enhancement by submitting a completed MindFit Academic Enhancement application.
If you have questions about this process, you can contact the MindFit Academic Enhancement Program Coordinator at 304-293-9232 or email email@example.com.
Acceptance into the MindFit Academic Enhancement program is on a first-come, first-serve basis, following determination of eligibility by the Office of Accessibility Services.