Become a MindFit Tutor
MindFit Tutors represent the best of tutor training and performance. Our tutors are trained to work with students with learning disabilities, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and other educational disabilities. Our one-on-one, peer-to-peer tutoring is unique because our tutors and students build semester-long relationships that are not otherwise possible in a drop-in tutoring setting. Our tutoring is based on a model of consistency and structure that has proven to benefit our student population.
MindFit is committed to the growth and development of both students and tutors. Tutors have opportunities for continued training throughout the semester to improve their tutoring toolbox. Through time and training our tutors can move from a level 1 CRLA certification to a master tutor certification.Our tutors continually receive feedback on how to better themselves as tutors and grow as educational professionals. We believe that both students and tutors benefit from the MindFit growth mindset philosophy.
MindFit tutors are essential to the Academic Enhancement program. They help create a safe and encouraging culture that allows our students to not only succeed in the classroom, but thrive in college and life.
If you are interested in joining this amazing tutoring team and meet all requirements, please complete an application.
- Completed 35 WVU UG credit hours or earned your Bachelor's degree at time of first tutoring session
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 and an A or B in the subject you are tutoring
- Attendance at all mandatory training sessions
- A willingness to maintain student confidentiality and follow all MindFit policies
- Attend tutor training prior to the semester beginning
- Flexible hours and paid training
- Starting pay at $10.50/hour for undergraduate students and $12.50/hour for graduate students
- Certification from the College Reading and Learning Association
- Documented experience & evaluations to use for resumes, interviews, and job references