MindFit Academic Enhancement offers comprehensive academic support services to students who learn differently. We provide semester-long academic coaching & mentoring, content specific-tutoring, and weekly support meetings to students with attention or learning difficulties. Our program supports students in maintaining their focus, accomplishing their educational goals by providing students with support in study skills, time management, goal-setting, problem solving, and self-monitoring skills, as well as content tutoring.
- All tutors are certified through the College Reading & Learning Association and are certified Autism Spectrum Diversity Allies.
- Tutors are trained to work specifically with students who may learn differently
- Students work with the same tutor for the duration of an entire semester and sometimes longer
- All tutoring is one-on-one and includes content-based support in addition to coaching and mentoring in skills such as time management and study strategies
- Students have access to our learning center and can utilize computers and quiet study areas for tutoring and personal study time.
MindFit Academic Enhancement packages include both content tutoring and academic coaching. Students are able to prioritize which classes they want the most help with. All options include one-on-one individualized tutoring with a CRLA certified tutor and use of MindFit Academic Enhancement facilities including tutoring space and computer labs.
Standard: 3-4 hours per week $1,300/semester
Expanded: 5-6 hours per week $1,600/semester
Total: 7-8 hours per week $1,900/semester
We offer a limited package (1-2 hours per week $700/semester) to returning MindFit students. It does not include our other MindFit services or academic coaching.
Eligible West Virginia residents can receive funding for tutoring through the
WV Division of Rehabilitation Services. Please contact your local office for
more information. Out-of-state students, there may be a similar agency in your home state that provides funding for tutoring.
For more information on payment methods, please visit our Payment Options page.
To be accepted into MindFit's Academic Enhancement program, students must:
- Be accepted and enrolled at West Virginia University.
- Complete a MindFit application and provide documentation of their learning or attention challenge.
- After you are eligible to enroll in MindFit, two mandatory steps are required to finalize enrollment:
- sign & return the MindFit contract
- attend a MindFit Orientation
If you have questions about this process, you can contact the MindFit Academic Enhancement Program Coordinator at 304-293-9232 or email email@example.com.
Acceptance into the MindFit Academic Enhancement program is on a first-come, first-serve basis, following determination of eligibility by the MindFit staff.