MindFit offers academic support in two forms. Learning Skill Consultations are short-term academic coaching sessions for any WVU student who wants to improve their classroom performance. Our Academic Enhancement program provides semester-long academic and executive functioning coaching for students who learn differently along with content tutoring. This includes but is not limited to students with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), students who are on the Autism Spectrum and other learning-related difficulties.
Option 1: Learning Skills Consultations
- Open to all WVU students
- Short-term intervention based on principles from cognitive science
- Designed to help students implement an overall successful approach to college
- Addresses critical areas of time management and effective study strategies.
Option 2: Academic Coaching
- Specialized academic support and content tutoring
- Semester-long intervention based on principles from cognitive science
- Designed to help students develop skills through guided practice and regular meetings
- Addresses critical areas of executive function, study strategies, and retrieval practice.
Learn more about this service here.